Wednesday, June 17, 2009

The soul-crushing workload has been wearing me down. I think perhaps it wouldn't have crushed me quite so thoroughly if I weren't also lonely for friends. I love this town, but I've never quite found a best friend here. Lots of good friends, great friends. And, of course, SO, who is the person closest to me. But I don't have the sure thing friend-wise. Not the one that I know will factor into weekend plans. Not the one that I know will go with me to see that new movie. Not the one who might just pop over to my house on a Thursday night to chat when SO is hanging out with his closest friends.

But, for the next four days, this won't be a problem. By this time tomorrow night, I will have 3 of my bestest friends around. It's been way too long since I have seen them. Yay for bestest friends.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Enjoy the friends. They're precious.

Unknown said...

Move to KC! :) No, your house is too pretty to leave.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs