Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Vacation, all I ever wanted

If anyone needs a criminal defense attorney in the next week, don't call me!  I am officially on vacation and by this time tomorrow, I will officially be in the greater Seattle area.

(Digression: Lest anyone think this might be a great opportunity to ransack my house, it will not be unoccupied.  My fierce guard dog will be on watch and she will have a very sweet young woman as a companion.  If anyone were to scare my sweet friend, I would be seriously ticked off.  Plus, in burglarizing my house, you would be screwing yourself out of any decent representation once you got caught.  I'm friends with all of the defense attorneys in this town.)

In the next few days, I will:

-Check a new state capitol off my list.  (And a new Supreme Court building 'cause I'm a big, big law nerd.)

-See the greatest band ever (Crowded House) for the 5th time

-See a new baseball park (Safeco Field) and add a new mini-bat to the collection

-Attend a fantasy football draft.  (That could actually be fun since I'm not drafting.  I'll get to drink beer and laugh at all the bonehead moves without running the risk of making a bonehead move myself.)

-Have a life-altering experience at a Korean spa.

And there will be no transcripts in my bag.  No case law.  No drafts of issues.  Just vacation.  (Though I do reserve the right to jot down a note or two if something happens to occur to me about my next case.)

2 comments:

Donzell said...

Enjoy your vacation. You deserve it.

Burt Likko said...

Washington's Supreme Court sits in a building captioned "Temple of Justice" and it is suitably imposing. Enjoy!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs