Sunday, August 22, 2010

I'm in the final stretch now.  The last 36 hours.  Most everything is now done, just the finishing touches need to be completed.

I feel wrung out.  More so than I have with past cases.  Some of this, I think, is related specifically to this case (and, no, I won't elaborate why).  But, let's be honest, much of this is related to the state of my personal life.  This work is tough, intense, personal, and presents an easy dark hole for someone like me to fall into.  And my support system is definitely not what it was in the past. I used to be quite capable of keeping myself from falling into the dark hole, but I haven't had to do it in a while.  I'm quite rusty.

But I'm almost there.  I can see the finish line.  I think.  And then I can let go.  And while it might be tempting to hide in bed and cry for a week, I won't have time between all the sangria and renewed friendships and Korean spas and baseball games and Crowded House concerts.  I am really, really looking forward to Tuesday afternoon.  And even more so, Thursday afternoon!  Vacation, here I come... if I make it.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs