Friday, May 15, 2009

TGIF

I really need season finale week to be over. I've just got one show on Sunday and two on Monday left. (Yes, I watch "Gossip Girl". Got a problem with that?) Maybe then I will return to getting work done in the evenings. Last night was particularly unproductive (and I didn't even get to watch the second half of the Real Housewives of NY Reunion).

Or maybe I just need to stop making excuses and devote all my time and attention to work. I just can't seem to find that focus. I know in the end that I always get my work done, and usually much better than I give myself credit for. But the process of getting there is always maddening to me. I always feel like I do nothing and have nothing to show for weeks, but then when push comes to shove, I realize I really have covered all my bases. So I could have saved myself weeks of hating myself and feeling incompetent if I would have just put it all together instead of dithering around like an idiot. I know I shouldn't put myself through this with every case, and yet I do it time and time again. Isn't that the definition of insanity?

On the upside, I'm getting the exterior of my house totally repaired and painted. It will look so much better (though everyone assures me it doesn't really look as dilapidated as I think it does). Guesses on what color I've chosen? (No fair answering if you've already seen my leading color palette.)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh girl. You need to come over and watch my DVR'ed reunion. Too good to miss. Then we can plan our new firm.

BellsforStacy said...

WOW! Love the new layout!

S said...

Thanks!

Heather said...

Damn, girl...you went fantabulous on the layout! Niiiiice!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs