Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Quest

I accomplished something today. Something I have been working towards for months. It took a long time and daily effort. At first, I didn't even think this milestone was possible; I was shooting for something a little less. But then I aimed my sights higher. It has been apparent for many weeks that I would inevitably achieve the milestone I was aiming for. Every day, I got myself a little closer. Yesterday, I came close. Really close. Tantalizingly close. But I didn't quite get there. This morning, after a short dance, I got there. I finished my quest. I reached the mountaintop. And it was glorious. It's so fulfilling to reach that goal that you set for yourself, that you dedicate months to completing. It makes you feel like you can accomplish anything. I am unbeatable.


If you're wondering what I did, I brought my Spider Solitaire win percentage up to 50%. That's a really good percentage for that game. It may seem ridiculously small, but this small thing has provided me a small, daily respite from the soul-crushing workload. Anyone got a problem with that?

1 comment:

Language Lover said...

50%???? That is REALLY impressive for Spider Solitaire. I would love to get that good at it, but I can't bear to look at the spider picture on the card backs used by the computer.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs