Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Little things

In the spirit of my friend ET, I am going to try something new. As you know, I have been overwhelmed by the soul-crushing workload lately. I have been staying up late and getting up early. I have been skipping meals and skipping nights out and skipping knitting club (but not skipping the nightly glass of wine). I am in a constant state of exhaustion and I kinda want to cry most of the time. So, following ET's example, I am going to make myself focus on a few good things:

1) My dog is smart. After the broken-tail incident, she has been unwilling to jump up on the bed. (I'm thinking a failed attempt to jump on the bed is responsible for the injury.) So I set up a set of doggy steps to allow her free access to the bed. She mastered the steps in like 3 tries and is now free to come and go throughout the night as she wishes. Yes, I spoil my dog and let her sleep on the bed. Anyone got a problem with that?

2) The Kansas City Royals are in first place. We haven't made the playoffs since 1985, the year we won it all. We're looking pretty good this week and we have the best pitcher in baseball.

3) Food just showed up in front of me tonight. I didn't have to do anything to get pasta and a baked chicken breast. I just held out my hands and *poof* there was dinner. I could get used to this.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I spoil my dog too. But how do you get food to just show up in front of you. Oh right. Date nice guys . . . ;-)

Molly said...

I'm a Royals fan too. Yay Zack Greinke!

S said...

Yay Zack Greinke indeed! I got to go to the rain-delayed game on Friday. Watching him pitch was well worth the 2+ hour delay to the start of the game. And the new sports bar at the K made waiting out the rain a delightful experience! As did having a chat with Erin.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs