Sunday, February 1, 2009

I really shouldn't be allowed to go out drinking with prosecutors. I can't be trusted. I just can't let things go, so I inevitably have to challenge a prosecutor on a comment that was likely meant to be funny. But I believe every comment intended as a joke has a lot of truth behind it. So when a certain prosecutor makes some "joke" about it being ok to defend certain defendants, well I just can't laugh and move on. Nope, I have to be the one who has to chide the prosecutor that s/he ought to know better.

Then I get laughed at or get told to get off my high horse. But I'm really not going to apologize for not letting little comments like that go. Because it really isn't ok for a prosecutor to think that we're more justified in defending some defendants than others. And anyone prosecutor who doesn't understand that basic fact has no business being a part of the criminal justice system.

I quite enjoy the view from my high horse.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

How can you defend those people? ;-)

S said...

I try to give them the benefit of the doubt, but you're right, it's really hard to defend prosecutors.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs