Sunday, May 27, 2012

The end of the evolution "debate"? I doubt it.

Richard Leakey is a more positive, optimistic sort than I. It would be nice if he is proved right and that the evolution doubters would come around within 15-30 years. But I just don't think it'll happen. There are too many people around who cling to their own beliefs, no matter how much evidence exists to prove those beliefs wrong. I'm looking at you, Birthers. And if you're coming from a position of faith, no amount of scientific evidence is a problem because the truly faithful will always find a faithful rebuttal to the seemingly insurmountable proof.

I would love to live in a world where reason and science reigned, not myths and legends. But unlike Mr. Leakey, I can't see us getting closer to my idea of utopia any time soon.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs