Tuesday, June 26, 2012

An open letter to my very silly dog

My dear Maddie,

We are now in a stretch of days where triple digit heat will be the norm. It is warm. And while your hair is pretty short right now, you're still covered in it. What with being a dog and all. So you're likely to get hot. There is only so much I can do. I can set the thermostat so that the a/c will run during the heat of the day. And I can set out a large bowl and fill it with water every morning.

But I can't make you drink it. How do I make you understand that the water is always there and you should drink from it whenever you want? Instead of just when I get home and put fresh water in it? Because it's starting to really stress me out to come home at 5:30 and realize that you haven't had any water since 8 am.

Please drink your water. All day. I would actually prefer that you pee in the house than that you get sick from dehydration. Really.

Love, Mom

ps-I'm not saying pee at will or anything...


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs