Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Now what?

It's over. Done. The massive project, the soul-crushing workload. Just like that. It has been the major focus of my work for the last two years. It has been a major stresser for the past six months. It has consumed my every waking moment (and seriously cut into my non-waking moments) for the past two months. And now it's over.

I'm having a hard time this morning wrapping my brain around the idea that I have NO work to do on this particular case. I should have something to do. How could there not be some idea to research on Westlaw or a case to read or a transcript to flip through or a motion to review? But there is not one thing left.

So today, I am at home, as I will be for the rest of the week. I think you can guess that someone (the little red-head stealing my remote at the top of this page) is pretty happy about this week's plans. I slept until 11, so this 5 day weekend is off to a great start! I'm sure I will walk downtown a lot over the next few days, for coffee, for shopping, for lunch, and just for the dog. I may finally get around to planting some new plants in front of my house. I might get some reading done or watch some of my dvds. On Thursday, I should get to pick up my new computer, so I can play with that. I'll go to a Royals game and a wedding over the weekend.

Then maybe by Monday, I'll be ready to go back to work and figure out how to be a lawyer without the daily grind of this case. I used to know how to do that, so I'm confident I can re-learn.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs