Monday, July 25, 2011

Are you ready?

Our long national nightmare is over. The NFL is back. The season will go on. Phew!

I knew they would do this. I knew they would get a deal in place but in doing so would push the time-limit to the brink. But, still, I am my father's daughter so I couldn't help but worry. His mantra is hope for the worst, expect the worster (worstest?). So in true Johnson fashion, I couldn't help but fear that this lockout would drag on to mess up my fall. Nay, to be the ruination of my fall. (I really love football.)

But now the deal is in place, the lockout is over, and training camp will begin so the season can get underway on time. In just a few short weeks, I will be watching kick-off with my new football buddy and the reigning AFC West Champions.

If only we could have figured out a way to salvage the actual NFL season while canceling the fantasy football season...

4 comments:

Burt Likko said...

If only we could have figured out a way to salvage the actual NFL season while canceling the fantasy football season...

You can't beat 'em, Sarah. Join 'em! It's fun! You can become one of us!

One of us!
One of us!
One of us!

S said...

I just can't do it. I don't ever want to be in a position to root for anything other than what is in the Chiefs' best interest.

Rob Osterman said...

You know if you have ATT U-verse they'll even put your fantasy scores on the screen during the game....

Just, ya know, sayin'.

BellsforStacy said...

Fantasy football is fun. We play on yahoo, usually just me, my husband and a handful of friends or family. It's low key, not played for money or anything. We could invite you and you could pick only Chief's players. :)

I pick all the Texas Tech pro's and I lose all the time. But it's fun. Doesn't really detract me from cheering for my team (Texans).

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs