Wednesday, August 22, 2012

It's probably good that my particular type of criminal defense work doesn't put me into contact with cops. I don't think it would go well if I had to question them on the stand or be in the room while they interrogate my client or passed them in the hall.

Every time I have to watch a deposition recording or read testimony or, worst of all, watch a client interrogation, it makes me crazy. Heck, even the interviews of non-clients infuriate me. They just can't help themselves from lying or power-tripping or just being obnoxious. If I could, I would jump right through my computer into that room where the cop is talking to some unsuspecting person and call them on their bullshit.

But that technology doesn't exist yet. And it's probably a good thing. Because much as it infuriates me, it's probably not in my clients' best interests for me to actually speak the truth to cops. It would just feel really good.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs