Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy Trails

All's well that ends well, right? If so, then the sad story of Mark Sanford's fall from grace is instead a happy story of love triumphant. Because he is now engaged to his Argentinian love. The one he went to visit when he went AWOL from the Governor's mansion and told people he was hiking the Appalachian Trail.

I think that's great. Yes, it would have been nice if he could have found his happy ending without publicly humiliating his wife and abandoning his job for days. But we've all been fools for love, haven't we? And it would seem that in his case, it really was true love. Somehow, that makes his ridiculous actions a little less ridiculous to me.

To the happy couple, I say only congratulations and good luck. To the former governor, though, might I add I still fundamentally disagree with you on just about every policy point, so I'm ok with you staying out of office.

1 comment:

BellsforStacy said...

I'm more of a cynic than you.

I'll be counting days to the divorce announcement, if it even makes it to wedding bells that is.

I find that folks that leave ... tend to keep leaving. Because the problem isn't with their partner, it's with them.

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs