Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My head hurts

College sports conference realignment talk is making me crazy. We went through it all last summer and now it's back again. People around these parts can't stop talking about it because our school is in such a tenuous position. Realignment is all about football and our football program quite frankly sucks. I try not to read the stories about it. I shut my friends and family up if they even bring it up. I don't want to talk about it. I don't want to think about it. I just want to stick my fingers in my ears, shut my eyes, and sing, "La la la la la" until it's all over.

I just can't stand to consider the possibility (remote though I'm sure it is) that the greatest tradition in all of college basketball, the tradition from which all other great college traditions sprang, could possibly end up in some crap-ass conference. But I did happily see this evening that the Pac-12 has decided not to expand. I feel better knowing that Texas and Oklahoma need the Big-12 to survive.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs