Thursday, July 16, 2009

I'm writing this from my shiny new laptop. It's lovely (and fully paid for!). The new keyboard is very friendly to my sad little wrists. The new touchpad doesn't have that annoying scratch my old one has. The new clicker bar is taking some getting used to and the graphics on Spider Solitaire are a tad annoying, but those are my only complaints about the new computer.

My big frustration, though, is with my newly-purchased wireless router. It will not allow me to go wireless! I guess this router/computer combo does not understand that the whole "wireless" thing means that the internet connection is supposed to work even after I unplug the internet cord. I wish my home came with an IT person who could come find the problem and fix it. Hell, I wish my home came with a yard boy and a maid and a chef, too.

It's a good thing I have 3 more days of weekend to figure this out.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck.

I recently upgraded my system at home, which required mainly changing service provider. The new one works really well with the wireless, so for the first time I can turn on a laptop anywhere in the house and be connected almost immediately.

For Italy this is super advanced computing.

Lisa Johnson said...

Yay! I'm happy to hear that you have your life back. A new computer too! Things are looking up! I hope you're having a very relaxing fun day. : )

Blaine said...

if you need some help call me I can probably fix it.

S said...

Blaine, I may have to take you up on that. I've spent the better part of the evening futzing with it to no avail. My computer recognizes my wireless network as having excellent strength, but it just won't connect. (Though it did let me connect wirelessly for about two minutes the other day.) I really, really want to be able to take my laptop upstairs!

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs