Sunday, September 7, 2008

Facing your fear is not all it's cracked up to be

Anyone who questions the depth of my phobia should ask SO to describe this afternoon. For those of you who don't know me personally, I am deathly afraid of snakes. Can't watch t.v. shows or movies with them in it. Won't touch a magazine if it's got a picture of them in it. I don't even want to go to a zoo if they have those things. SO has sometimes chuckled at my fear and tried to talk me past it, but I think he gets it now.

It was not a pretty sight when I found a (completely harmless garter) snake in my yard this afternoon. He gallantly came rushing over to handle the situation, once he figured out what I was trying to tell him on the phone through the hysterical sobs. I'm sure he still thinks it's pretty ridiculous, but I don't think he will ever again try and tell me that a snake would be more afraid of me than I would be of it. He now knows first hand that ain't so.

4 comments:

Meryl said...

I'm just proud of you for writing the word!

:)That guy is a keeper. But you knew that.

S said...

You wouldn't be proud of me if you'd seen me this afternoon. Not my finest moment.

He spent a good 2 hours chasing the thing, mowing the yard as short as he could, clearing out weeds and brush. (Stupid weedy neighborhood.) I'm sure he had other things he would have liked to get done on a Sunday afternoon. Now if only he'd come over to take Maddie out...

Language Lover said...

Can you be around a garden hose? My mom can't because it resembles a snake too much.

S said...

I bought a hose that was bright and wound up like a slinky. So it doesn't lay flat on the ground so I would never be freaked out to go pick it up.

I was confused at first yesterday because I thought, "I don't have a hose that color." *Shiver*

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs