Tuesday, May 31, 2011

How much longer do I have to listen to this?

Sarah Palin is a simple-minded nincompoop who speaks only in shallow cliches, displaying no ability to recognize complexity or nuance. I just heard her tell Greta Van Susteran (who really needs to get over her girl crush on Sarah already) that the reason we love Israel is they provide freedom to their people. Umm, sure. That's it. The fact that Israel is a stable democracy in an unstable region is certainly a factor in our relationship with that country, but it's not the only factor. And couldn't she try to phrase it in a more sophisticated way?

But nuance, complexity, and sophistication of expression are all negatives to Sarah Palin and her ilk. So now instead of hearing substantive debate, I'm stuck listening to her blathery sound and fury, all of which signifies nothing. I get the sense that she truly can't grasp anything any deeper than her shallow, empty, meaningless soundbites. It scares the crap out of me that people think she's saying anything worth hearing just because she uses the words freedom, constitution, and America enough in that folksy, g-droppin' way of hers.

I dislike John McCain for a lot of reasons, but #1 on that list will always be that he inflicted this woman on the nation.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs