Saturday, November 20, 2010

Who needs a guardian angel? I just need a coffee angel.

I have often bemoaned the fact that there is no coffee shop in this town that delivers.  Never more so than this morning, the morning after taking a limo to Kansas City's Power and Light District, spending several hours singing and dancing at a dueling piano bar, and not arriving home until 2:30 a.m.  (I would note I am not the least bit hung over, just exhausted.  A dueling piano bar really can't be enjoyed properly if too much alcohol is involved.)

In the past, I have on occasion let it be known on Facebook that I wish a coffee shop delivered and that if any of my dear friends wanted to bring me a vanilla latte, I would accept that kind offering.  Strangely, no one has ever actually brought me that latte.  It's like they think I should be able to get my own damn latte or make my own coffee in one of my 3 coffee makers or something.  Sheesh. 

Until today.  Because today, when I begged for a 4-shot, Venti Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks, Mr. Awesome actually brought me exactly that.  Thereby establishing that my nice friend, the coffee angel, is in fact the greatest person on earth.  You rock, sir.  And I am now much closer to meeting my goal of not leaving my property all day.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs