Friday, October 1, 2010

October 1 will always be a significant date for me.  It's not an official anniversary or someone's birthday, but 5 years ago tonight was the most exciting, memorable night of my life.  It didn't quite end the way it was supposed to, so it was also one of the more upsetting nights I had experienced.  But in hindsight, I think it might actually have been a good thing that a wrench was thrown into the plan because the way we both responded made it all the more clear we were pursuing something we both really wanted.

That night didn't mean much to most of the people who were there and I don't expect anyone else remembers the date.  For me, though, this date has always meant more than any actual anniversaries or holidays.  As I was sitting alone tonight, wishing I could recapture the feelings of that night and find the confident, interesting, put-together woman I used to be, it became really important that this anniversary be acknowledged, even if only by me.  Five years ago tonight was truly the start of something special.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs