Monday, March 2, 2009

Put this in the category of ideas that are better in theory than in practice

I've no doubt that proposing marriage is a scary thing. There are no bigger decisions in life than the decision to commit yourself to someone forever. And I'm sure that the asking must be tougher than the answering. Even if you're pretty confident about the answer, it's still a momentous question that exposes the asker's heart and soul as no other question ever will. So I understand that the person planning a proposal might be so preoccupied by the hugeness of the question that s/he might not be able to think through all the details of the proposal. And I hate to criticize...

But, come on. If you're going to do the cliche "put the ring in a drink" thing, think it through. Clear beverage, dude. Clear glass would probably help, too. So she can see it. Before she takes a huge swig. Otherwise, you'll wind up having to wait a few extra days before you can actually put the ring on her finger, like this guy.

A milkshake? Really? Who puts an engagement ring in a Frosty? What kills me is that the whole gang had gone to Wendy's with the soon-to-be-happy couple and were in on the plan. And yet NO ONE thought maybe the thick, frozen beveragey dessert wasn't the best way to go. I think I might have suggested he put the ring on one of her fries myself.

6 comments:

Language Lover said...

HAHAHA...wow.

Heather said...

Man, that first paragraph or two made me want to call you and be like WHAT ARE YOU NOT TELLING US! I thought you might have some news of your own! ;-)

I agree though, milkshake ring hiding is kinda stupid. Maybe milkshakes are her favorite though and he was trying to be thoughtful...

S said...

Sorry for the false alarm, Heather.

And I've no doubt that he was trying to be sweet, but I think we should all admit a guy fails to achieve sweet when his efforts end with the gal having to inspect her excrement for days...

Anonymous said...

Gives a new meaning to the comment: "Holy s...!"

BellsforStacy said...

So funny! I loved the tone of this post. Greatness.

But, you also gotta wonder about the chick. So I'm sucking down a milkshake, something circular and metal ends up in my mouth and I swallow?

Not likely!

I wonder what she's pooping in. Not the toilet ... HAHAHAHA. The image is hysterical. If you aren't eating that is. :)

S said...

Did you read the article? It said one of her friends was impatient for her to find the ring already so challenged her to a race to finish their frosties. I'm guessing poor girl just picked it up and chugged. Ring probably slid down her throat before she had a chance to react.

I really, really don't want to think about how she finally got the ring. Ick. Remember in Ferris Bueller where Ferris describes Cameron as being so uptight, if you stuck a lump of coal up his ass, in two weeks you'd have a diamond?

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs