Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dog days

Dog sitting is always, um, interesting. You get to see a dog personality entirely different from your own dog's. I enjoy getting to know other dogs. I even (sometimes) enjoy the explosion of dog energy in my house. I've sat for dogs who were nervous and whiny and dogs who were lazy and entitled. Maddie doesn't always get along with the interlopers, but I have always enjoyed having our guests. But I can't deny it. In the end, I'm always pretty happy to turn the dog back to its own rightful owner. (Just as I suspect the dogs are always happy to go home.) Every other dog always makes me realize what a perfect fit my sweet Maddie is for me.

So, it's nice to have you here, buddy, and nice to meet you. But I'm not gonna lie. I'm kinda looking forward to Sunday evening. When I can kick back on the couch with a glass of wine, a new episode of Downton Abbey, and just the one, perfect dog who belongs here.

No comments:

 
Blog Designed by : NW Designs